Monday, September 16, 2013

The joy of becoming a Grammy




August 26, 2013 was anything but a regular day for me. It was the day I  became a grandmother!!

Cassy invited me to be in the delivery room with her and Matthew for Sadies birth and I was so honored and excited. What an amazing experience it was to watch my daughter in law give birth to my grandchild!

And, yes, it is an overwhelming love that fills your heart immediately. We can't get enough...of the sweet little sounds she makes, of the smell, of the warmth, of feeling the soft air come through her tiny nostrils, just staring at her. She is perfect!

I am also enjoying watching Matthew be a dad! He is so gentle and sweet with her, and so protective. It makes my heart so proud and happy!

I am loving this new season of life! This is our reward, the icing on the cake...

and we are loving every minute!




Add caption



1 comment: