Saturday, February 25, 2012

Love and Laughter

September 1, 1979.
I have been thinking lately about how quickly time is flying by and how blessed I am to have such an amazing man to grow old with. I often ask myself who these little kids were. That may sound strange, but I just can't figure out how we got to the year 2012 so quickly. I look at my picture and try to remember what some of my thoughts were back then. For as long as I can remember I wanted to get married and have lots of kids..at one point I wanted 7!! I never wanted to go to college or travel. I just wanted to live happily ever after with my prince charming! Really!!  Unfortunately I didn't have any idea what that looked like. I wasn't brought up with a stable happy marriage being modeled, so I had little to go by. And this is the part where God shows up. He knew I would meet Richard at McDonalds at 11pm on May 5, 1978, and I believe with everything in me that he arranged the whole thing....and the rest is history.

I brought lots of baggage into our very young marriage. Mostly I didn't know how to trust. But I did know how to laugh. And that is what we have done for almost 33 years....laugh. And we raised 3 children laughing all the way...don't get me wrong, there were some tears, that is just part of life, but there was love, joy and laughter. God is Faithful!!



We haven't done everything perfectly. We have made mistakes and hurt each other. But we have done lots of things right...we have been blessed with the most amazing kids. What an honor that God chose us to raise these incredible children. I can honestly say we don't fight...really!! It has become Richard's mission in life to please me!! Sweet!!! So, I guess serving him all those years has paid off! hahaha!!

I would marry this man all over again! What an incredible life we have had! And it all started with Love and Laughter......


4 comments:

  1. very nice. I was just thinking about how you could offer a lot to the younger women with your journey. I don't know all of it, of course, but I think blogging is a perfect outlet.
    And, no one does it all right, if they try to say they have, well, I don't believe them.
    The end product is what counts, and knowing God is with you through it all.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it Cathy! You two are such an AMAZING couple, so blessed. God truly shines His light through both of you. :) Chris and I are the same way, we never fight. People look at us like we're idiots sometimes when we say that but it's true. Chris grew up with a lot of fighting and anger between his parents, he didn't want that for us or our children and neither did I. You're story truly blessed me to read it. I started a similar blog on Valentine's week to dedicate to Chris but never got around to finishing it, so I'm going to post it on our anniversary in June. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the kind words Jillian! I am writing some things down so my grandchildren and great grandchildren will know how I felt about things...I really wish I had some thoughts from my great grandmother on paper.
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete